Wednesday, May 13, 2020

Still battling...

I've not been travelling well.
2 weeks ago I took a big mouthful of Pepsi Max and gagged before I swallowed it. On finally swallowing it intense spasms started in my chest....ohh the pain was horrid!!  All sorts of things were going through my mind as to what was happening coz this pain continued for a couple of days. I booked a Drs appointment the day after I gagged but couldn't get in straight away so had to wait.
Stressed.
Anyways Dr ordered exrays for a swallow test, exrays on my back and the outcome is these chest pains are oesophagus spasms. 
My Doc said this what I have.... Nutcracker esophagus refers to having strong spasms of your esophagus. It’s also known as jackhammer esophagus or hypercontractile esophagus. It belongs to a group of conditions related to abnormal movement and function of the esophagus, known as motility disorders. When you swallow, your esophagus contracts, which helps to move food into your stomach. If you have nutcracker esophagus, these contractions are much stronger, causing chest pain and pain when you swallow. It’s closely related to diffuse esophageal spasms. The main difference between the two conditions is that nutcracker esophagus usually doesn’t cause you to regurgitate food or liquids, and diffuse esophageal spasms often do.
It’s closely related to diffuse esophageal spasms. The main difference between the two conditions is that nutcracker esophagus usually doesn’t cause you to regurgitate food or liquids, and diffuse esophageal spasms often do.

So this is what I am dealing with atm... I have a scared oesophagus, suffering some reflux and have a hiatus hernia.  I can tell you when I got these results it was scary, all I could think of was Paul and what he went through. 
Thankfully the pain has eased and I only suffer when I eat something I shouldn't.
Im learning what temp I can have food and drink and what foods are going to set off the spasms. 
Over it already but what can I do but deal with and move on....

3 comments:

  1. Oh wow, sorry to hear this. Hope you keep feeling better :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!!! That doesn’t sound fun at all!!! What are they talking in terms of recovery? Is it a recovery thing or something you have to learn to live with? If there is a recovery what is the time frame??? Be safe and keep your chin up my friend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shit that does not sound good chick! Sorry to hear you are suffering, I hope you can keep it under control. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete