Monday, October 07, 2024

Another week…

 The last few days I have been feeling heaps better….thankfully…as it’s been 3 weeks of feeling horrid. I’ve still a bit of a cough but I’m starting to feel human again. Appetite the last few days has been nearly back to normal and the scales showed a 400g gain. I expected that after weeks of hardly eating then starting to eat “normally” again. Haven’t been doing the exercise to burn the calories have I? 

Today I drove down to Busselton to catch up with a cousin. When we went on holidays we took some of her Dad’s ashes with us as Billie-Jean wanted them released in her Dads (and ours) fishing spot. I made up a little scrapbook as a momento for her with some pics and descriptions of where it was and she loved it. Hopefully she will get there one day to see it herself and the remembrance plaque for Ray we put up. 

Whilst in Busselton I asked my brother to join us. I didn’t know if he would, I was hoping he was having a good day and could. Rod has early onset dementia and luckily today was a good day. It’s so bloody hard watching him slowly deteriorate. Thankfully, so far, the horrid disease is slow moving….pray it stays that way. 

Been a big day, think I might have over done it….so it’s goodnight from me. 



1 comment:

  1. So glad you are feeling better! Dementia is such an ugly disease. We struggled with that with mom a bit. Never anything really bad, but a lot of confusion…and that was difficult enough!

    ReplyDelete