Tuesday, December 11, 2007

They say things happen.....


..... in three's !! yeahhhhh ..... well I wish someone told my family that !! Since October when I went to Melbourne it has been one thing after another....now to top it all off Caitlin, (the 5 year old big sister of Ashlee, the one that got burnt) went into hospital last night and had emergency surgery on a twisted appendix !! Anyways.....all went well although because the appendix was so twisted they couldn't do keyhole surgery and she now has a 2cm scar. She came home this afternoon and is recovering. We knew something was wrong with her as on Sunday Tanya bought out Luke (the big brother who was on a access visit) out to say hullo to us and Caity couldn't come.....she wasn't feeling the best in the tummy.....now we know why.
Went into ww last night to weigh in, just made the meeting as I worked late and the result....AGAIN, I stayed the same.....guess it's better than a gain. Next week is the last meeting till the New Year so I'll try and make that weigh in and next year I think I will have to revise my points and my menu and see if I can get this weight to shift downwards again.....

4 comments:

  1. Wow!!! you have had some stresses lately....I am glad Caity is home again and recovering. I was wondering why my emails were bouncing...Now I know it was a sad computer...
    2008 is going to be a much better year...cj xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear the wee girl was ok, scary things appendix's when they decide to go haywire! A 'stay the same' is great mate! Next year you can sort it out again!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So glad your little grangirl is ok ....is bloody scary stuff my 13 yr old had burst appendix on Mothers Day last year ...hospital misdiagnosed it twice ..is left with a scar too .vitamin e cream works wonders ..... is good to adopt a new approach ....weight be gone in 2008 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow stressful times!! It's gotta get better soon surely! Glad she's ok and on the mend again.

    Totally agree with the pic by the way!!

    ReplyDelete