Monday, December 17, 2007

Where does time go.....

Another week has flown by.....so quickly too....where does the time go!!

Work has been so busy, but we were lucky this week I guess....we had a machinery break-down and had 2 half days off while they did repairs. Now we are playing catch up trying to get the orders made up and working twice as hard...and longer days.



During the week I went up the hill to bring troublesome son (Shawn) down. Since he had his accident we have had his vechile down here getting it repaired, new windscreen in, new tyres and just making it roadworthy again. Within minutes of him and his little family getting in the car...he started. Heck knows what I said to set him off, it doesn't take much at all believe me.....but boy he turned from normal to physcotic raving idiot in seconds....abusing me for no reason. I just didn't argue or try to placate him.....just pulled over and literally threw him out the car!! Speaking to Hannah (his partner) as I turned the car around and took them back home apparently he has been like this for a few weeks now...doesn't need any drugs or drink to set him off anymore, could be just something he hears on the radio or tv. Soooooo sad. What kind of parent does that make me, everytime I had spoken to him, he has been great, I didn't notice any difference in him, actually thought he was doing great, he always sounded so happy on the phone ...I must have been burying my head in the sand !! Anyways I dropped Hannah off and headed for home.....he stopped me as I went to drive past him as he trudged up the highway....he apologised profusely and asked me very politely to take him to my house to get his 4x4. Not one more word of abuse was uttered...he was normal again. He really wanted that vechile back and I think had realised if I drove past I wouldn't have returned.

He called in on Saturday too...and spent 3 or 4 hours here....and said he was trying to get his "moods" under control. He needs to do more than that, he needs help big time....and only him and HIM alone can do that, but he won't listen, you can not give him any advise, he doesn't WANT to listen, doesn't think his problem is as big as we tell him it is.... BUT he really does need to do something soon, he informed me and hubby that he and Hannah are to be parents again....their 3rd child. Heck, he can hardly look after himself.....I really despair, I really do, what is going to become of him !!!



On Saturday night we had our work chrissy party.....the boss took all the fulltime workers out to dinner at a real classy resturaunt....all food and drinks paid for....

mmmmmm I blew it and spoilt a super-dooper on track week and drank wayyyy too much red wine.....

Had last weigh in for the year tonight and it told on the scales......would you believe for the 4th week running I stayed the same!!!!!!

Bring on the New Year, methinks I gonna havta pull me socks up and get rid of this holiday excess....carried it around way too long now!!!

Merry Christmas to one and all just in case I don't post before then.....take care, be safe.

7 comments:

  1. You are really going through hell with your son - yet you always remain positive. Really hope he comes right.

    Have a great Christmas:-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen, really feel for you with your son - oh for a magic wand - but unfortunately life isn't like that. Trouble is that he'll probably have to get to the stage of losing everything he's ever cared about before he finally admits he needs help. So sad. On an up note - hope you have a lovely Christmas - bound to with all those gorgeous grandchildren around!!! Love Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Big hugs to you Jen.... have to agree with the previous two posts.. you cant help someone who doesnt want to help themselves ..this doesnt help when your a mum but dont go blaming yourself ..........Hope you and your family have a wonderful Christmas xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen you sound like the best kind of mother and you can only do so much. I hope you have a lovely Christmas and a wonderful 2008.
    Love Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh Jen, i really feel for you sweets, you are a wonderful loving parent and an amazing grandparent but we can only do so much. I agree with Zanna, its sad but in most cases they have to really hit rock bottom to realise it is them that needs help. I think you did the right thing by booting him outta the car, he needs to know your not gonna stand and take his abuse.

    I wouldnt worry too much about another sts, its bloody hard to stay on course at this time of year, at least your not gaining hunny.

    Have a fantastic Christmas Jen, and a marvelous new year, much love to you and yours.

    Erica xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope you have had a great christmas...
    Sorry that you will have been so hot in that work shed...
    free sauna...
    you'll surely drop any unwanted kgs..
    stay safe my friend..
    Happy New year 2008 in case I become bussier than now..Hugs cj x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just be there for you son when he needs you...thats all you can do... I hope you had a fantastic Xmas.. I did.. and tonight is the first night with no alcohol for me.. for quite a few days... drying out before new years eve.. hahaha blasted holiday season....

    ReplyDelete