Friday, July 01, 2022

Once upon a time

 Once upon a time, many years ago now I used to be happy with my weight. After I got to my goal weight in 2005 for 4 or 5 years I managed to keep it off once I settled 6 kilo’s above it…but gradually over the years it has yoyo’ed up and down. More up than down I must say. I’ve tried weight watchers, 5:2, intermittent fasting, keto, shakes …… you name it, I’ve tried it. Yep, they work, but I can’t work with them. I end up crashing and burning, bingeing and hating myself and starting the procedure all over again. It’s me, I sabotage myself. And it’s wearing me down so much as the weight is starting to affect my health. I don’t want that, retirement is close and I want to get out there and enjoy my life, travel with hubby and do things together. We had the best 2 weeks away and I want more of that, but not have to struggle with limitations due to my weight.



These hubby took on our 2 weeks away…


And this is me and my mum……back when I was happy and content with my weight. 
 Its mum’s birthday today, she would have been 93. 6 years she has been gone and I miss her so much. 


2 comments:

  1. I hear you about wanting the weight gone and getting back to the ‘happy weight’. I sooo could have written this post! I want to be healthy and I’m not yet I struggle with the self sabotage also! I wish I had the answer for us!!!

    Hugs to you on missing your mom!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I could have written this too except I was never content with my weight. I have tried so many diets I can't remember them all. I keep trying to figure out what will work for me. I want to be my best health for retirement. I just want to feel good both mentally ,& physically.

    ReplyDelete