Thursday, July 07, 2022

Retirement is coming….

 I have heard from Centrelink that as of end of August I can retire. But as we don’t travel far in the summer I am going to keep working but only one day a week…or maybe 3 days a fortnight depending on how much I can earn before it affects our pensions payments. 

Soooooooooo hopefully I can get my shit together and stop my binge eating that I’m doing atm and lose some weight. I went to my Dr and had a good long talk with her about my health, my weight and aches and pains. She sent me off to the “vampires” where I had a whole heap of blood taken and I now have a follow up appointment scheduled for next week. Hopefully Doc has some answers for me.  She has helped out before with my diet and we did have some success. Maybe we can again…let’s see what my blood results show. Maybe I just need thyroid medication changed,,,who knows. I know my attitude does. I know I’m not going to lose weight if I don’t try. I can’t keep up with this “hit and miss” attitude I have and the yo-yoing  weight can’t be good either. 

I just can’t afford to be fat and uncomfortable, I want to enjoy my life after work. I want to be happy in my skin, I want to be able to climb, hike, and travel in comfort. But nothing will work unless I work at it. 

Onwards……




1 comment:

  1. I'm getting closer to retirement myself and I don't want to be fat and I'm healthy. I wanna be able to be the best that I can be so I can enjoy my time off. Need to really begin the focus And get to where I need to be. I know we can do this. We know how, We just need to apply it.

    ReplyDelete