Monday, April 17, 2023

Self Sabotage

 

Yep, done it again. Did a real good job of it too….a 1.8 gain 😳

Why?

My late cousin (Ray) was killed back in January whilst out helping to contain a fire. He was caught in the path of the fire whilst grading a fire break and was burnt to death. 

It should not have ever happened. He should not have been out there on his own. If the person who took him out there had stayed with him as he should have he would have been saved. He was very nearly safe, just a few more meters and would have been if he had had the help. My heart is just broken. Not just for me but his wife should still have her husband, their kids their Dad and Grandad. 

When I was told this, I went looking for chocolate, it helped. But it didn’t take the ache away, took 2 days to realise that food wasn’t going to help.

I’m back, but so broken. 





No comments:

Post a Comment