Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Bye Bye Missy


I had just got home from work when I had a phone call from one of my boys to say my little Missy girl had been run over today and had been taken to heaven. Missy has been my little cat for the last 2 years. Kylee gave her to me on her first visit home after she moved to Melbourne. Every night while sitting up here on the pc she would sit up on the stool and talk to me as I typed and browsed the net. She survived a snake bite last summer...that was real scary, thought I had lost her then. Then for some reason she decided she would like to go walking with me of a morning....many a morning I would have to pick her up and carry her back across the road back to home and lock her inside. She found on her escapes across the road a lovely white male tom cat, who loved to play as much as she did. But unfortunately she escaped one too many times and tonight my little Missy is now playing with the angels.
Bye bye little girl......

12 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    So sorry to hear about Missy. Pets give us so much pleasure and ask so little in return don't they.
    But gosh when they go there is such a big whole left in our lives.
    Don't know how you feel about the future - but one of the things I read when I lost one of my dogs a few years ago - "the best legacy from a pet you've loved and lost is to give another one a chance.
    Take care and hope you have a lovely Easter with your family.... and go easy on those chocs!!....maybe just a couple?
    Cheers
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww Jen I'm so sorry to hear about Missy, ((hugs)) to you. I'm sure you are going to miss her. xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Jen,
    I'm so sorry to hear about your little kitty :(
    I hope she is in a happy place now - isn't it awful when things like that happen?
    I hope you're doing ok...

    Hope the week has been good to you (besides this morning)...
    Take care,
    Much love,
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Jen that is just terrible... I hope you are ok and sounds like you have lots of wonderful memories of Missy... They will keep you going...

    Big hugs to you...

    Luv Ems xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen Big hugs honey.

    Im so sorry to hear about Missy. She sounded like a beautiful kitty and a good friend.

    Lots of love
    Nicki

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ohh Jen
    I'm sorry you have lost a special friend. Hugs and love to you. cj

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sad little Missy is gone. My little "boy" Chino talks to me while I'm on the computer also. Sounds like Missy will be very much missed by you.

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sorry to read about your Missy, Jen. I also had a cat named Missy, short for Mischief. Sometimes called Missycat. She's been gone just over four years now and I still miss her. I've told hubby when he goes, I'm getting another cat. He asked what will happen if I go first. I told him he could do whatever he wants!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, so sorry about Missy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear jen, so sad to hear about Missy, i hope you can take comfort in all the wonderful memories you have of her.. love chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. OH jen I am so sorry you lost your little friend you kitty cat Missy...may she rest in kitty cat heaven....your memories will help you remember with a silent tear and remember her to keep her near...
    Love
    Berrie xx

    ReplyDelete