Monday, June 18, 2007

I met Fiona

On the weekend Fi (FIONADWYER) from the At Home forum travelled down to Australind to spend a week with her sister, she flew in from sunny Brisbane on Thursday. It was great that she took time out to spend an hour or so with me having a coffee and chatting. What a absolutely delightful friendly lady she was....thanks Fi...it was great, hope I have the pleasure of catching up with you again sometime in the future.
I went to see my Dr last week and found that I had a all clear with my colonscopy, other than a bowel proplapse (which I knew I had, who wouldn't know ya had one of those!! ) does need to be surgically repaired sooner than later. My Dr is making an appointment with the gynaecologist for that and is also going to recommend they do a hysterectomy at the same time as I still have my unwelcome visitor!! Anyways will see what happens when I have the appointment. Four years ago I had the exact same ops, or was meant to but they considered a repair to be done instead of a hysterectomy....so after a chat with the gynaeno WHEN I get the appointment I will know more and when !!
Next week is my next official weigh in....tonight I weighed in on my scales and am 67.6 which is 300 grams up on last week. This doesn't worry me, since LTM I have been up and down and all over the place, but heyyyyyy that doesn't worry me either, as long as I stay at 68k's (goal weight) or under I will be happy.

9 comments:

  1. You look so good in your photo. Good luck with dr appt - hope the prognosis is positive.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow lucky you meeting Fi - you both look great :) Bet you had a lovely time :)

    Good luck with your appointment Jen, you take care ok...

    Luv mE xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have only met one blogger before... and it was gr8.. I would love to be in the position to meet more but living where I do makes it hard! Sorry to hear that you have to have the surgery. I hope you manage to get an app soon and get it seen to asap. Take care!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow you must have enjoyed meeting Fi....and good on you for still being under goal..you are doing great Jen...and all the best when you find out when you see the gyno...
    they need to help you my friend...
    Mwah
    Berrie :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Isn't it great meeting other bloggers!!! I had the pleasure of meeting Lynise the other day! A beautiful lady!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dear Jen, Hope all goes well with the gyno.. Will be thinking of you & sending you big {{HUGS}} !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thought a hyster. might possibly be in order for you Jen...Same thing happened to me and I'd had curettes etc to solve things but they only lasted for short periods...excuse the unintentional pun...then back the problem came til I had my hysterectomy...aaah the relief. I couldn't believe how much better I felt. It happened to me after having Shannon at 30yrs of age and I bled for 18 months before the doc said right, out with the uterus and I went from strength to strength once I got over the fact that there'd only be three children and not the four I'd dreamt of. Hope you get into see your gynae soon and good luck with your weigh in next week...toy xoxo

    Ps. I'd lost your blog addy but then realised I had a comma where a full stop should have been. So pleased I've found you again.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pleased to hear the colonscopy was all clear - bit of a buggar though that you need to get the other bits fixed. I guess that's one of the problems of achieving seniority! Touch wood I haven't had any gyno problems yet. You are doing so well with your maintenance - clever chick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So glad to see your colonoscopy went well. As for the hysterectomy and prolapse repair, go for it. I had a hyster nearly 26 years ago. I couldn't believe how well I felt afterwards. OK, I had only just turned 24 and had been incredibly sick so any improvement was good. And just think how much you will be waited on by your loving family after your operation!!

    ReplyDelete