Monday, June 04, 2007

There was 3 in the bed....



Another week has gone by, and despite all it has gone by rather quickly. TTOM is still with me, had now have them since 13th May with only one day and a nights respite. Couldn't get into my Dr last week but saw the clinic sister at the surgery and she seems to think it could be going on and on as it may be my last. Ohhhhh joy......can I live in hope???? I do have to go to the Dr at the end of this week as I had a colonscopy (YUK!) on Thursday, thankfully no biopsies were taken but still have to go in to get results. If I still have my unwelcome visitor he can sort that out too!!! I had to fast for 24 hours before the colonscopy procedure which made me feel rather ill but I recovered from the procedure quite well. Hubby took the afternoon off work to stay with me to make sure I had no side effects, but I slept all arvo anyway. I went back to work on Friday to light duties only thou. Have had an attack of the hungries on and off since the procedure, but haven't indulged in too much junk! Excersise has been good except for the Thursday and Friday. Been doing 30 to 45 minutes on work days before work and on the weekends I do anywhere from 45 to 60 minutes plus.
Had Simon and Tracey's 3 eldest on the Saturday and for the night. Won't be long and I'll be able to have little Thomas too, he is nearly walking. (See pic) Geeeeeeeee it only seems like yesterday I was watching him being born, where does time go??
Jessica, Zoe and Sheymus were a delight to have. On the Saturday we shopped for dinner ingredients as we decided to have make pizza's using English muffins as the bases. (thanks for the idea Berrie) We had mess from one end of the kitchen to the other but it was heaps of fun and the pizza's were so yummy. They all went to bed very tired, happy and with full tummy's!
At 4am little Sheymus (2.5 years) came wandering into our bedroom and said I can't find my mummy. I just held out my arms and said will I do, come into Jenna and Pop's bed for cuddles. He was in and cuddled up before he finished saying yeaaaaaaaaaaah. Boy, 3 in the bed and the little one said........ Remember that song? I do now! I'd forgotten how much room a little body can take up, and how much they wriggle and squirm. But it was so sweet having him all cuddled up to me. Everytime I moved his little hand would come out and hang on to me.
I couldn't move over too far as hubby was sick with a flu virus and was so feverish, achy and sore....didn't want to disturb him too much.
Enough rambling...but I did have a very enjoyable weekend with the grandies. I love every minute I spend with them, but ohhhhhhhh I so love to hand them back.
Just weighed in on my scales this evening.....Weight ... 66.6. Thats 1.7 down from last week.

12 comments:

  1. 1.7kg down in a weekis fantastic Jen - well done girl!

    Yep sounds like the end of TTom's for you, same thing happened to me, a heavier than normal one signals the end of them I was told.

    Geez are you feeding Thomas fertilizer or something he's growing like a weed, but a very nice one....lol....they are all so cute..............as long as you can hand em back to their parents!!! hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yayya!! 1.7kg down, great going!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Jen,
    So glad to hear that your colonoscopy went well! I've got my fingers crossed that your at the end of TTOM's...
    Love hearing your stories of your special time spent with the grandies.. always brings a smile to my face!
    Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1.7 is fantastic!! Hope the tests go well.

    We had a rather funny weekend with grandies too. Don't you jsut lvoe those times with them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow what a loss - you clever girl! Hope all the tests are over now and you've got the all clear. Aren't grandchildren just the best?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen, I often notice your posts on Chris and other lovely people's blogs and thought i would jump in and check out yours! your an amazing and inspring woman and i really enjoyed the read,. feel free to visit mine and id love to know the tricks of the trade being a LTM and maintaining.. im very excited and 400grams off!! 32 kilos down 400grams to go! p.s your family are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you that TOM is the very LAST.

    Well done on your fantastic loss.

    You sure are a wonderful granddie.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey Jen..my pleasure for the idea I knew it would be a hit with the kids and fun for you all...
    Hey well done on this weeks loss and I am sure all will be well with the colonoscopy and I do so wish this will be your last period...
    Berrie xx
    sorry I havent had a chance to visit there are so many blogs to egt around LOL

    ReplyDelete
  9. well done on such a huge loss.... I need a couple of those too....
    Hope TTOM is all over and done with soon...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope it is your last. It is such a strange time of life isn't it?! I hate it too!
    Granchildren are great. I remember that song.
    Well done on the loss too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Gday Jen, thqnks for yr comments, I hope you get all your health in order so you feel better.

    Congrats on Lifetime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I so envy you being close enough to have your grandies for sleep overs Jen. Mine are spread out in different states. I loved having the ones from Cairns living just around the corner from us when we lived there. Another family are in Sydney. The only other family in this state with a grand daughter are moving to Cairns at the end of this month so I suppose I'll not see her exquisite little face again for years either.

    You are doing wonders with your journey Jen...such an inspiration to me. You look great and so happy. Hope you can sort out ttom problem...nothing worse. I'd guess some intervention is required. Can you let me know how you get on at the docs.

    Happy cuddling grandies...toy.xoxo

    ReplyDelete