Friday, January 04, 2008

Finished work....

.....at lunchtime yesterday as at long long last it was the day of my appointment with the gyneao.... Was lovely getting out of work early as the heat was stifling, we had another one of those HOT days....phewwwwww!! Was worse in town at the Drs...just walking from the car to the surgery and I was dripping wet!

Anyways saw the man and after being questioned, jabbed, poked and prodded, examined and questioned some more Dr seems to think I won't need a hysterectomy. Seems all the trouble I had been having with the heavy and continuous bleeding was my swansong, as since then there has been no more. Still have a lot of menopausal symptoms but with my medications I can live with those. But yayyyyyy looks as thou those monthly's have gone forever now!! Prolapses will still need surgery, but firstly have to go back to Dr in 2 weeks to get results from yesterday and he wants to do some more tests. They apparently have a new surgical procedure which is less evasive, with less pain and less time recovering and he'll see then if I will be a canditate for that.

Will see what the next visit brings.


The weekend again...nothing really planned. Have troublesome son visiting, hopefully not in one of his grumpy moods......he shouldn't be as his little girl Jaydene will be celebrating her first birthday on Monday and I asked them to come around this weekend and pick up her pressie.... Wowwwwwww where does time go, she has grown so quickly. Just from Christmas to New Year she found her feet well and truly and now she RUNS!!! Will take pics of course...hopefully I can get one of her big cheeky grins. This pic is of her on Christmas Day, where she would only walk if she had something to lean on.........ohhhhh isn't she just a cutie.....

11 comments:

  1. Oh Jen that is good news on the Dr front :) I hope everything else goes ok for you :) Aaargh the joys of being a woman sometimes eh!

    Happy Birthday to dear wee Jaydene :)

    Luv mE xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy new year Jen.

    I hope after you feel better after visiting doc. The things us women have to go through.

    It sounds like you had a lovely christmas. May the new year bring everything you want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a really happy 2008:-)

    I was like you and had heavy bleeding but rather than a hysterctomy I had an endiometrial ablation - only one night in hospital and I was up and about right away with no pain. It worked realy well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Drs was good news.....got to agree with Lee-Anne joys of being a woman..... aww how cute is little Jaydene..hope she has a wonderful Birthday.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous little girl....
    I am glad you dont have to have the big "H"...
    The prolapse business sounds nasty tho...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my site, it is about the CresceNet, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . A hug.

    ReplyDelete
  7. And aren't doctors good at poking and proding and stink you with needles - lol ouch! Hope all goes well on your next visit.
    Geez Jaydene has grown soooooooooooo much! what a little cutie she is - that makes how many grandies?? and how many more onthe way? Jen your family is intent on lifting wa's birthrate all on their own - lol. hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Jen, it was nice to visit your blog and catch up. Yes I too am glad you can avoid the big "H" Op. and Jaydene is so cute...

    take care
    Dee

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, she is so cute!

    Glad you don't have to have an op.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Jen
    Just letting you know I've been poking around your blog.
    Loved reading about your Xmas Day.
    Chardonay

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope all is well Jen ....thinking of you

    ReplyDelete