Monday, February 25, 2008

I'm getting there....





With tracking, tracking and more tracking I am getting there. My journal has become my best friend these past few weeks and the scales are showing it at LONG LAST !!! I went to ww meeting tonight and yayyyyyyy my hard work is paying off......I lost 1.5 and am now 68.9, only .9 off my goal weight. Treating myself to a takeaway meal tonight......and a few little naughties.....but tomorrow is already planned and I WILL be back on track. We are off for the long weekend and will be travelling up north to a good friends wedding, so I guess a few more naughties to indulge in ... like maybe a few drinkies!!!

I bought the ww new food scales tonight, they were on special and being a lifetime member they were reduced again! Are very much needed here.....my old ones have gone kaput and the ones I am using are not that reliable.....



Some more news is.....after the kids left home I took on their little car, a old Nissan Pulsar..... Poor little thing, Tweety it is called, had a bit of a hammering between them as you can imagine, what with them both learning to drive in it, and all the "bog laps" !! It was made way back in the early 80's....so was very old and it was showing too. A few months ago, the middle son borrowed her and on the way to his work one day...blew the motor up, so poor thing has been sitting in hubby's shed...waiting, waiting, waiting!!!! But awhile ago hubby and I decided not to rebuild her.....to scrap her and buy another car. My BA Ford, which is my pride and joy, I have been using to travel to work.....and unfortunately the farm has been wrecking it....what with inconsiderate people banging cars doors into it and marking it, the chemicals, the dust and dirt it has started to look very much used!! So on the weekend hubby and I went shopping and come home a few thousand dollars poorer but with this little gem.....small, compact, cheap to run ......Ford Festiva.



Other news is troublesome son is having some treatment.....going to see a DR and is making changes in his life..... How good is that, he can't bear to lose Hannah and his little girls?? Don't think he is ready to rehabilitate and stop the drugs just yet, but has cut down and making a lot of other choices that are going to benefit him and his little family. Other good news is that ...... after being on the waiting list for 4 years he has finally got a Homeswest home in the location he requested too.....and will be able to move in there in about 3 weeks.....is he over the moon or what??? He will now be a bit closer to us and Hannah's family as well....closer to his Dr and in a better posistion to find work. Hopefully this means I can stop stressing just that little bit .......

4 comments:

  1. You clever girl - well done. Love the new car and also the new look blog. And so glad to hear about your son taking some baby steps forward. Love Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done on being almost back to your goal. You are amazing!

    Lucky you getting a new car.

    So glad your son is seeking help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How good are you Jen ...awsome results.......I like the new car pretty snazzy indeed ......enjoy your weekend away..........That is great news about your son for all of you and especially himself x

    ReplyDelete
  4. wahoo new car and good loss ... congrats all round!!

    ReplyDelete