Sunday, July 02, 2017

Again....


It was Happy Birthday to my mum yesterday, the 2nd birthday we have had without her.
Was a horrid day for me....I really missed her. And yep....did my usual,  ate my emotions....
I could hear her saying "your ass won't fit in those jeans Jen" but all I wanted to do was drown my sorrows..
Talking about Mum this morning with hubby...and he made me realise even though we lost her when we didn't expect too we had her a lot longer than we thought we were going too. Mum survived bowel cancer in 1993 when she was in her 60's and then in 1994 she survived liver cancer....so we were lucky that we had her as long as we did.  And even if she had survived her stroke and her fall, she would have been in a lot of pain and she would have had to spend an awful lot of time in hospital and rehab and there is no way she would have liked that. Mum hated hospitals. 

Anyways....after a great week last week where I had a good loss on the scales....this week its going to catch up time again. 
I better get to it and stop the dilly dally'ing if I want to get on that ship in 4 months time weighing 10 kilo's less than I do now...

2 comments:

  1. Hi I know how you feel, I lost my mother 2 months ago yesterday aged 94 1/2. when you have a parent so long in your life it feels so sad not to have them around for a chat etc.

    Peta

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes you were lucky to have Mum for a good long time, but it doesn't make it any easier once they are gone. I dread my Mum dying. {{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete