Wednesday, February 06, 2019

I'm still here....


 Yeah I am still here....
And I am going well.
Had a good long talk with some friends of mine, both have been doing Lazy Keto for nearly 12 months. One of those friends has lost over 20 kilo's and she has a lot of medical conditions that has hampered her progress. 
Anyways after a bit of research and feeling very apprehensive I started this way of eating on the 16th January. So far so good. I thought I would really struggle with the lack of bread...but so far I haven't even craved it. 
Saw my Dr and she approves and said it would help me with my diverticulitis. I sure know it has helped me with bloating and a lot of my aches and pains in my legs have gone.  
Best of all, I have lost 5 kilo so far. Long may these kilo's keep coming off!! 
I really needed help...just before I started this the scales were heading higher and higher, clothes were straining at the seams, I was miserable and hating myself and just couldn't stop the never ending emotional eating.





Two weekends ago and Sunday and Monday just gone we headed out bush for some time out. It was marron season (freshwater lobster would describe them) and we went out and caught our quota....very delish...

Time out was much needed. Looking after grandies a couple of nights a week (sometimes 4 nights in a row) does make me a little weary. William is now a real talk a mile a minute 5 year old (he never shuts up!!) and Summer is just starting to get mobile 10 month old.
Every second weekend I have Shawn's girls (15 years and 12 years) to give their foster mother some respite. They get their noses into their phones/tablets so don't get a lot of too much out of them.  Have to prise them away from them so get outside and get some fresh air. 



I may have to have the little ones a bit more often....depends on Kylee and Garry. 
Kylee has kicked Garry out....he is not to return. Once a cheater, always a cheater...but this time Kylee caught him out red handed.
He has the kids 2 night a week on his days off...Kylee will never deny him that, but thankfully she has rid of him once and for all!! 

3 comments:

  1. Yay! I am so glad that you have found something that is working for you!!! I have thought about going more that route...bread is my vice (one of them) and I also know bread is my issue sometimes with losing weight...too many carbs and I don’t lose!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your grandkids are gorgeous... I can't believe William is 5 already!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came here from Mary Fran's blog. I know a few people following a keto diet, and they are doing very well. I have never seen the Keto It Simple that you shared, so thank you!

    ReplyDelete