Tuesday, July 02, 2019

Lost my way...

Mum and my cousin Ray 
Mum would have been 90 on July 1st. I fully expected her to make it too. This the 4th birthday without her.
The shock of her passing unexpectedly is still unbelievable. Hubby and I were on a cruise,  a day out of Noumea when I received that phone call.
This birthday I have truly missed her. 
Often when I am down, need a mum chat, or just have something I want to say to her I will usually find a feather.  Mum loved birds. The day we buried her,  I looked up and 2 birds were circling above. Every time I visit her, birds are at the cemetery. 
Her birthday came and went....and NO FEATHER. 
I needed it. 
Worst day in a long time. 

Mum and my brother Rod 

I am really struggling atm.....
Last weigh in I had a gain of 900g...this week I am having a no weigh. I've lost my way a bit and I need to regroup. I can't keep going on like this....BUT i do need to let myself deal with my emotions too. Im on a day off....so going to have a rest day then I have shifts for the next 3 days before having the weekend off. No little ones tonight or tomorrow night so I can regroup before they back for a couple more nights. School holidays start at the end of this week and yay yay yay Kylee is taking holidays too and spending them with the kids....so looking forward to that. 
I'm led to believe though that she is having a girls night out with some of her friends so I MAY have to babysit.....

3 comments:

  1. Regroup and recalculate where you are, where you are going and what is working and then pick up the reigns and keep going forward!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, found you via Maryfran and just wanted to say Hi :) I have 100 lbs to lose and just started this journey again, much of what you talk about re the ups and downs and struggles and wins resonates deeply. I am sorry about your mom, mine also passed away unexpectedly 4 years. I think some years are harder than others, it never gets easy, the missing never stops, we just get a bit more used to it with time (I hope so anyway!). I see that you're doing Keto, my husband just started on that as well. I do a combination of calorie counting and Intuitive Eating. Glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete