Sunday, April 10, 2022

Wet Sunday

 Brrrrr cold front has come through today and it’s been wet and cold all day. If this keeps up the fire will soon be lit. I love sitting by a lovely warm wood fire on a cold night. 

Luckily the rain stayed away last night. It was my nieces (by marriage as she married my nephew) 40th birthday party last night….her birthday was a few weeks ago but due to Covid restrictions was unable to have party till last night. And that enabled her to celebrate with her eldest child, her son Thomas who was celebrating his 16th πŸ₯³ 

It was a lovely night catching up with family and friends. Yummy snacks, yummy dinner and even yummier cake. Yep, I indulged πŸ–πŸ–. Actually yesterday I was a real little piggy  all day. 🐷  I never intended it to happen, but hubby and I had a real relaxing day at home by ourselves so we ended up eating and drinking whatever whenever. 

Anyways I tracked all yesterdays treats and I’m big time minus on my ww app, but today I’m back on track and hopefully I can say thataway. 

I’ve been remembering my brother today. He was tragically killed in a accident in 1979. He was only 27. I am the 3rd child born, he was the 2nd, the 2 in the middle of 4. We were close and even after all this time I miss him. Actually the party last night was his family, Crystal would have been his daughter in law, and Thomas his grandson. 

Ohh lost 500 grams. How I don’t know, I’m still not recovered. Antibiotics did nothing, though in saying that my cough is not as frequent. 





2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful cake! I have never seen one quite like it. Sorry to hear your not feeling better. I lost a pound this week which I was grateful for.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK, it's been a week....is the cough better yet???

    Sorry to hear about your brother...I know you said it's been a while, but losing people that you love never gets easier....always a hole in your heart! Hugs to you!

    And yay on the loss!!!!!! Doesn't matter how....it just matters that you lost!.

    ReplyDelete