Thursday, July 26, 2018

Weigh in day....

 Weigh in day today.....a 200g loss.
Hey, I'll take that even if its over 10 days as I mucked up big time on the weekend.


I am just wondering if I will ever learn to NOT eat my emotions...its damn hard not too sometimes. This time I managed to pull myself together, I just reminded myself that this journey is NEVER easy and hey I have a ww contract for 12 months so I can't give in.
Life does get in the way sometimes....gee I have learnt that over the years, especially over the last 3 years. Grief still rears its ugly head every now and then and I succumb to it. My brother I lost in 1979, 40 years next year we have lived without him....I still cry for him.

This week my promise to myself is to track and plan. I have a few challenges to face. This weekend is one of them. Since Shawn's 2 girls have gone into care this last time they have been giving their foster carer a real hard time. We have agreed to be respite carers every 2nd weekend and this weekend we have them all weekend.  I know they are going to try it on with me....they have a rude awakening coming....they are going to abide by some rules and they are not going to like it. Their carer loves the girls, she really does, but of course all they want to do is go home to their Mum. Their mum is not a fit mum, but of course the kids don't think that.....and they think the poor they act up and make life difficult for everyone the quicker they will be sent home to her. 
So this weekend.....its track, plan and keep myself focused. 

Weather hopefully this weekend will be fine. Of late all it has done is rain, rain and rain some more.  It has been so cold and our fire has been going constantly. 
Bring on Spring. 




2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the loss, we have also had a lot of rain and guess what it is raining again today here... over it. Hope you have a nice weekend with the girls :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kudos on the loss!!

    I think I will probably always suffer and deal and fight the emotional eating. Can we ever really eradicate something that is so ingrained within us?? I think the thing is to recognize it ..early and have the willpower to say ‘this is NOT helping anything’. Yeah, easier said than done!

    ReplyDelete