Sunday, March 25, 2007

Housewarming ....






Yesterday afternoon we travelled up to Collie (40 minutes drive) to son Simon and Tracey's for a bbq. They recently bought the house they are in and were celebrating with a housewarming. It was a delightful afternoon catching up with family, friends, meeting new friends and neighbours of my son and just enjoying my darling little grandies.

The afternoon was only marred by the temper tanty #3 son had earlier on in the day which left me in a emotional upheaval....some days I really despair about that young man!! I don't envy Hannah and the little girls and pray everyday he will wake up to himself. They too will be living up in Collie as of Monday, maybe now they have a stable base he will find himself work and settle down some.

But anyways the arvo and evening was great....enjoy the pictures. The family one is 4 generations together....me, my mum, my son and his 4 kids. The others are me and my hubby, me and my bro, and me and my little bubba boy Thomas....hasn't he just grown so much?? They only 40 minutes away but I miss them so much....
Ooops nearly forgot.....weigh in tomorrow night....I missed last Wednesday weigh due to working late so its been over a week.....I have been real good, so hopefully those demon scales will be kind....

7 comments:

  1. The best times I believe are those you spend with your family. I don't have any grandies at the moment, but with six kids I fully expect to have maybe at least one or two.

    I sympathise or should I say empathise with you. We have an 18 year old son that has kept us on edge for the last two years. It is not fun, and you never stop worrying. We do see a glimmer of light there and a bit of maturity comes out every now and then. We have learnt to take things one problem at a time.

    Good luck for weigh in tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jen, what a lovely family you have, i always love looking at your pictures. Im so glad you had a lovely afternoon and evening even after a topsy turvy morning, i think its most important that you dont let these events stop you from enjoying life, while you'll always worry you also need to enjoy all the good things that are going on around you *mwah*

    ... Erica x

    PS. good luck at weigh in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jen - what a lovely assortment of photos. You're looking so skinny -especially the one with your mum -you look tiny!!
    Cheers
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great time you look like you're having!!! You have some lovely pics of you with your family. How lucky you are to be surrounded by so many who love you. And you're looking absolutely fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Jen,
    Just popped in to say hi - and you look FANTASTIC!!
    What lovely photos of your family - they are the best ones :)
    Keep up the great work, you look Fab hun!! ;)
    Much Love,
    B x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jen,

    What fantastic photo's and your day sounds like you had a wonderful time, even with the little hiccup of the #3 son :o)

    You look so amazing darlin, your an inspiration!

    Big Hugs
    Nicki
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Honeypie... we constantly ache for our brood and extended family..
    It really does show me how much you love them.. There always seems to be excitement mixed with pain...
    I do hope the joy out weighs the aches of the heart... Hugs cj

    ReplyDelete