Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monthly ww weigh in

Missed my Monday evening weigh in last night as I had a work accident and squashed open my finger under a roller on the carrot grading table......yep OUCH!!!!! Spent 4 hours at the emergency in at the hospital waiting to be seen, then when I did get to be seen the Dr wasn't happy to stitch it without a surgeon seeing it ..... so another wait. Surgeon saw it, poked and prodded and thought I may have tendon damage so within the hour I was in a ward, weighed, gowned and put under anaesthetic (I hadn't eaten or drank since smoko luckily) and had surgery. No tendon damage thankfully but home with a very sore finger!!!
So went in and weighed this morning and I came in at 70.1 ..... 100 grams over the 2 kilo's I am allowed ... (BUGGER IT!!!!) ... but they let me off paying coz of the finger!! Must have been the surgery as I weighed in lighter on the scales at the hospital, but do know from previous weigh in at hospital their scales differ to mine by 1.5 kilo's.
Anyways off work for the rest of the week .
In the meantime its back to counting those points and keep on trying to lose this extra weight.....3 weeks to next ww weigh and I fly to Melbourne just after for At Home get together and visit daughter. Please don't let me get bored and raid the fridge and pantry while I home!!!
Ohhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaa daughter flys in tomorrow for job interview.....be home for a quick visit before she flies back to Melbourne to wait for me to visit her...

7 comments:

  1. Ouch - no wait make the double ouch!!!! You poor thing Jen, there are easier ways to get a week off work you know - hehehehe
    Make the most of the time by having extra walks.
    Perfect timing seeing as Kylie is home tomorrow....deliberate?? Nah just kidding Jen. Hope the finger feels better soon. XXX

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Jen,
    glad you can still work that mouse girl! So lucky you didn't do any more serious damage.. Hope you have a restful week, especially after this accident and the stress mentioned in your last post..
    sending you lots of hugs {{}}
    chris xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh you poor girl!!!! Hope you are OK soon xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ouch .. that sounds terribly painful! Good thing they let you off, that bandage looks like it weights at LEAST 100gms anyway. lol
    Hope your week gets better :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Youch! Hope it's feeling a bit better by now mate.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Nooooooooo you poor thing...
    I hope you are on the mend real soon... take care lovely lady....

    ReplyDelete