Sunday, March 23, 2008

Onwards and downwards yet again....


Why is it that after just about weigh in I go totally off the rails and reward myself with food. Food that I really don't want, and certainly do not need. It seems to be a compulsion and I am so over myself!! I have been doing this off and on all through my journey so honestly I really need a huge kick up the backside for allowing myself to keep doing this. I just have to stop this bad habit, heck it isn't doing myself any good, is it?? Rewarding myself with junk is a bad habit and it JUST has to go!!
This week, Wednesday the 26th actually, will be my 1st "at goal" anniversary....and although I am not going to be game enough to hop on the scales to see what I weigh, I think I should be in the 2 kilo range allowed. Since last Monday after weigh in I have gone off the rails totally and have virtually eaten as I pleased.....and because of my surgery I haven't been doing any walking, only done a few sessions of pilates. Adds up to "oink oink" methinks.
After talking about this to a few friends I have decided with their advise that I cannot let this keep happening otherwise I am going to end up right back where I started....so have resolved to try and conquer this "food reward" demon and get myself back on track. So it is once again back to basics and the journal is out and its going to be tracking until I reach my personal goal of 65 kilo's. Tomorrow is another new start and I will be beginning my walking again, slowly of course as I build my strength up till I am back to where I was before my surgery. Then when I reach my personal goal I will reward myself with ... I am not sure yet!! Not food thats for sure.....any ideas welcome please??
Hopefully I can conquer this ....I am going to give it my best shot, know occassionaly I am going to falter, but do know one thing....I WILL NOT QUIT!!
Happy Easter ..... hope it has been a happy and safe one for you all.

8 comments:

  1. I know what you mean.. i go from my weighin on Saturday night straight to have takeaways!!!! hahaha... Mind you it is Praties... a jacket potato shop and it doesnt have butter oozing out of it or tonnes of cheese.. I think it is a fairly healthy option considering in the same vicinity there is KFC and Hungry Jacks And pizza hut and dominos pizza etc etc... I can't eat at any of those places due to the gluten... so i am happy with my spud...But... i then continue on and snack over the weekend... while consuming scotch.... and then come monday wonder why my scales are 2 kilos up from thursday morning!!!
    I soooo understand what you are doing... Good luck and well done on your 1st "at goal" anniversary...

    ReplyDelete
  2. A non food reward is a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am similar - although not at goal but constantly breaking my best intentions - so not getting there!

    Check out the Pandora bracelets for an award!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad your back home and the operation went well , even though you had a few setbacks.....if only we had all the answers, one answer I do know is you wont quit ....Congratulations on it being 12 months tomorrow..awsome Jen ..have a good week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Food as your reward, yep I can relate to that! Well done on almost reaching your one year anniversary. You have done so well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jen I really think that seeing as it is the anniversary of your first year of attaining goal that you should hop on those scales and write down the number that appears because it is all too easy to become complacent about commitment, (believe me I know!). Write down the figure and then next year when your goal anniversary comes around do the same thing. Weigh in yearly on your goal anniversary date just to keep track of how you are going, you don't have to tell anyone, just keep the information to keep track as time passes.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy 1st year at goal Jen. You have done so well. If those kilo's are bothering you then go back to basics. Because it is getting to you that's a good thing because now you can do something about it.

    You look great in the pic too.

    Thank you for all your lovely kind comments over the past. Will catch up with you when I get back.

    Please look after yourself. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well done on your first anniversary - reckon getting to goal is like winning the battle - the war goes on for the rest of your life and there are enemies lurking round every single corner!!! You are aware and not in denial - I think that's the key so You'll get refocused and off again soon. Love Zxx

    ReplyDelete