Sunday, March 30, 2008

Some good days, some bad days.....



It's been one of those weeks.....some real good days and some darn crappy ones. Been focused most of the week, then had a real bad day, soooo bad I walked out of work and was going home.....I had had enough of the rude ill mannered man that runs the carrot washing shed! That sent me off rails briefly...and yep I did the usual and went looking for food. Duhhhhhhhh ehhhh, after all my efforts NOT to use food to reward myself....and what do I do, get upset and use it to comfort myself!! But I did manage to get myself on track again, but only breifly. The weekend, welllllllllllll I am just glad to see that over with. Don't get me wrong, I love my mother very dearly, and we do get on well.....but she cannot understand the problems I have with my weight nor the thyroid condition I have either (how can a little gland cause you to get so fat??) She doesn't have a weight problem, never has, and nor does my sister and she never has either! Anyways I have had mum up staying for the weekend....phewwwwwwwwwww she has run me ragged. Mum is 79 but boy can she still shop!! Turn my back for a second and I would lose her, was so tempted to tie her on a leash. But I had to so bite my tonque when it come to meals/snacks....she couldn't understand why I couldn't/wouldn't eat foods. "Now that your're skinny Jen, you can eat that" "ohhhhhhh a little bit of those won't hurt you" "whats wrong with that, its good for you" " Your sister and I eat them all the time, look at us we don't put on weight"?? Get where I coming from??? ahhhhhhhh well, mum has gone home now.....and I can breathe a big sigh of relief and see if I can have a better week.....

Onwards and hopefully downwards....and NO QUITTING !!

8 comments:

  1. Geez you have had a difficult week but good on you for hanging in there - it must have been pretty difficult especially with your mum there with her 'pears of wisdom' Here's to next week!! Love Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh dont ya just hate weeks like that!!!!
    Heres to a better week... and dont you dare give up... we can get there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mothers, can't live with them, wouldn't want to live without them... can't win! Breath deeply, and move on. Sorry you have had a shitty time at work too. Stop emotional eating, break the cycle... go shopping instead!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This week will be much better for you and good for you for not quitting...mothers I can remember my mum saying very similar words to me a couple of years ago when I first started... I am finding that when food is on my mind I exercise...seems to work , maybe give it a try ......have a great week

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mothers - can remember mine being similar. Do miss them madly when they aren't about though.

    Hope you have a better week:-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. i dont know if u got my email reply to yours koz it kept bouncing back for some reason xox

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Jen I am sorry you are not having much joy at work - I really do hope things have improved...

    And unless people have been through what you have been though they will never understand! I know people just like that!

    Hang in there my friend xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. very useful read. I would love to follow you on twitter.

    ReplyDelete