Friday, March 07, 2008

Yesterday....




I took a "sickie" and went to Mandurah and met up with a dear online friend of mine. We met way, way back on the old ww boards and of course kept in touch via our blogs too!! Rae and her hubby and little 5 month old bub flew in from Canberra for her mum's 50th birthday last week..and of course got caught up with all the festivities of catching up with family and friends, visiting Perth sights so when she let me know she was over in WA and wanted to know if I wanted to catch up...it was like wowwwwwwwwww, what a question, of course I would !!!! With all the time I have had off, and going to have off with the coming op....decided to have a "sickie" and head off to met Rae at nearly half-way for us both..

And it was wonderful meeting....... felt as thou I already knew her. Rae might be about the same age as my daughter, but it was a really special meeting as we seemed to make a "connection" when we met online. Rae, and her devoted hubby and absolutely gorgeous son Xavier really made my day..... They are a very special couple whose love for each other and their son shines out of them....and to let me share a few hours with them just made my day.

So Rae, Duane and Xavier....THANK YOU for thinking of me, taking the time to travel to meet me....and the enjoyable few hours we had catching up....

5 comments:

  1. How lovely to meet up with a fellow blogger.. and what an absolutely GORGEOUS smiley baby! Have a wonderful weekend Jen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen how exciting for you!!! And what a cute family eh :) You deserve the sickie and I am glad you had the best time x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous lil man... always fun to meet up with internet friends!!!
    Well done on losing 1.5 too!! Wahhhhhh I am soooooo bad at losing at the moment!!!
    You are so close to your goal... next weighin for sure....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Havwe always enjoyed meeting fellow bloggers:-)

    What a gorgeous little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a nice surprise Jen to meet up with a fellow blogger and friend... Nice pics,Xavier is gorgeous...have a great week x

    ReplyDelete