Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Resting and recovering


I am resting up and recovering well. Not in any pain at all now.....and enjoying time off from the "funny farm"! Have read that many books, and spent lots of time on the computer playing games and surfing the net...but I have really enjoyed doing NOTHING !! Sure makes a change for me.


Last night I did go to my weight watchers meeting as I haven't weighed in this month, and next Monday is Easter Monday so there would be no meeting, so gritted me teeth and hopped on the scales and low and behold despite the travelling and wedding indulgences and the surgery I weighed 69 kilo's....only up 100 grams from Feb 25th weigh in. Wowwwww I sure was happy with that !!!!!
Tuesday mornings I usually walk with a friend...but as I haven't excersised any since surgery thought instead of a walk we thought we would do a pilates dvd just to ease me back into the excersise again. That went well....will be doing that most mornings now till I feel ready to get into the walking/jogging routine again. At 6am when I do walk its that darn dark anyways.....darn daylight saving I hate it....why the Western Australian government didn't listen to us I don't know, we have voted NO to it 3 times, and yet still end up with it whether we wanted it or not!!
ahhhhh well.....I now off to have some breakkie, drink another coffee, and I guess read another book!!

5 comments:

  1. Woooo Hooo for feeling much better and not gaining! Now go read a book!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad the pain is gone..... well done on only gaining 100gms!!!! thats awesome...
    take care..and enjoy those books!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you are on the mend. That's wonderful with everything you've had on your plate to only have a 100g gain.

    Good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen sounds like you are making a speedy recovery and enjoy your rest time :)

    Well done on your WI and that 100gms is nothing xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the daylight savings in Perth Jen, i HATE IT TOO.
    Glad you are on the road to recovery, don't go overdoing it now.

    ReplyDelete