Friday, March 14, 2008

Today....



......I came home from hospital after my surgery on Wednesday....when I eventually did get into surgery....meant to have been 1st on the list for the afternoon but didn't end up in there till after 3pm......ohhhhhh I was sooooooo killing for a coffee by then !!!!! Reminder...had nothing to eat or drink since before bedtime Tuesday evening....

Yes, all seems to have gone well even thou we did have a few minor complications.....like the needle for the anaesthetic wouldn't go into the first vein they tried as it had scar tissue, and then during surgery the bladder had a bleed....after surgery I had very low blood pressure (low is normal for me...but this was veryyyy low) and because I had to fast so long I did become very dehydrated!! Won't go into it all coz the list does go on ..... but I will tell you it BLOODY HURT, I was in pain !!!!
The nursing staff was absolutely great, really caring and so helpful...and my fellow "inmate" and I got on like a house on fire, going to try and stay in touch if we can...
But as I said I am home and doing nothing, am still in a little pain.....just up out of bed to eat lunch and read a few emails while drinking my coffee.....then I off to bed again......coz you DON'T get any sleep in hospital......

10 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear you had a bit of a rough time but glad you're home and doing OK now. Just take it easy now and get yourself well again. Love Z xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes shit happens, but I am glad to hear you are now on the road to recovery. Hope you have a good sleep at home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ouch... sounds like a rough time but its over now...
    Rest up and get better real quick...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen I am glad you are through the worst of it and wishing you a speedy recovery! Take care of yourself and let the family look after you xxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are home and sorry you are still in pain. Hope you feel better soon
    Juliexxoo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ahhhhhhhhhhh.... did you enjoy that??? I had a scotch just for you!!!! hahaha
    Hope you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. awwwwwwwww thanks friend....might have one meself after weigh in on Monday evening as a treat....mmmmmmm
    Yep feeling better than I was thanks...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pleased for you that's it's over and here's hoping every day you are feeling a lot better.

    Take care:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ouch. Glad the worst is over and you can now concentrate on getting better.

    Hope you get to enjoy your scotch.

    Take care Jen. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Rest up well Jen, you deserve it! And you are doing so well at maintaining your weight - I'm impressed. How lovely to catch up with Rae - I thought I'd come to the wrong blog when I saw the photos! Seeing Rae reminded me of everyone on the WW boards - have you kept contact with Hilltop Dreamer? If you have the opportunity to email me with any info - hellotolisa@msn.com. No pressure though - you do need your rest.
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete