Saturday, December 16, 2006

Smiling again ....


I am feeling better.....sort of got myself together again, walked for 50 minutes this morning and have been trying to make wise food choices, not always with success but I feel heaps better. Last night we had drinks after work and the choices were very easy to make as my boss and his wife and my workmates have watched me "shrink" before their eyes this year... they (my boss and his wife) have converted to the WW lifestyle. ...so all food and drinks were diet, low cal or healthy. They all helped me realise what an awesome effort I have achieved this year....it was the shakeup I needed, they sounded so proud of me. My friends online have been sooooo supportive of me too these last few days and have been helping me try to stay positive....but the boost from my peers put things in a different perspective...and made me smile again. ohhhhhhh by the way my boss has lost 9 kilo's and his wife has lost 13......and they thank me for making them realise how easy it is to change their lifestyle habits.
Christmas is just around the corner.....now my goal is to keep on smiling, stay positive ..... and to keep on maintaining my weight till the New Year .....then goal will be mine. Despite the emotional rollercoaster rides my son sends me on I will succeed...eventually I will...I have promised myself that and I am stubborn so I WILL succeed.

4 comments:

  1. Hi Jen,
    glad to hear that you are feeling more positive, too bad about the difference between state scales, but yeah! still a kilo lost! Still not much to go, you have done so well this year. Don't stress over Christmas, just enjoy it!
    Mel

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jen..I am glad you are feeling better my friend I have been so worried..I told you that eventualy you would feel again happy and good about how far you had come..I knew it would have to coem from ohters than us your friends online...you had to have people that you know everyday and that you have been instrumental in helping too...what a good feeling to know you yes YOU inspired others to take a healthy lifestyle approach..Jen you are a star darling I am very very proud of you and always will..
    GOAL here you come...
    Berrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. How great is that Jen - knowing that you are the reason your boss and his wife are on their way to happier and healthier lives and that the food and drinks served at your work xmas do were mostly w/w friendly - you were their inspiration!
    It's so good to hear that you are back on track, feeling more positive and have your smile back again!
    We only get one life each - enjoy the ride, even if it is on a rollercoaster every now and then. Things will sort themselves out soon I'm sure. MWAH XXXX

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is amazing the example you have set for your work mates. Good on you.
    You deserve their praise.
    Soak it up and look forward...

    Maintenance is a good idea at this time.
    You have such a lovely smile so keep beaming.
    You will succeed.
    love cj

    ReplyDelete