Friday, May 30, 2008

Never made it to ww meeting....

nahhhhhh never made it, next week maybe...lately in my life it never rains, it frigging pours!!!!!

I was so looking forward to having some "me" times while things are slow at the farm.....I managed Monday, half of Tuesday and then wham....I was hit with chest pains. By evening they were bad, during the night they worsened so much so I made an emergency Drs appointment in ther morning. Saw the Dr and had ecg's, blood tests and thankfully any heart problems were ruled out, so conclusion ... some kind of gastric problem. All I need on top of everything else!! But did I get time to go to bed and be spoilt with some nanna naps....nahhhhhh no such luck for me. Get a frantic call from Shawn and Hannah...little bub Shayden had to be rushed off to hospital as he had 3 episodes of turning blue and choking.....could I have Skye and Jaydene?? What could I do .... say no???

Sooooooooooo thats what I have been doing for the last few days. Luckily from 10am to late arvo they attend daycare so I have had time to spend at the hospital with Shawn and Hannah and Shayden.

Just had a phone call from them now....and Shayden has had no more episodes and it seems that he was severely dehydrated due to lack of nourishment in Hannah's milk. Thankfully nothing too severe .... and easily fixed, Hannah is just going to have to supplement bottle feed. I can now relax and stop worrying. But bub is not allowed home till he regains his birth weight so looks like another night of babysitting for me......

4 comments:

  1. How scary about the wee bub, glad he is going to be Ok. Pain in chest: sounds like gallstones girl! Did it feel like a heavy crushing pain in your chest and a sharp stabbing pain in your back at the same time? did you feel like you were going to die? GALLSTONES. Hope you get it sorted ASAP, cos it will RETURN... I can tell you that from experience.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not gallstones thankfully Chris!! They are thinking gastric reflux. More blood results to come in and another check-up soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you are feeling better soon and that you finally get some "me" time.. very important...
    Sorry you are going to miss out on the bloggers meet.. that would have been awesome to meet you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Jen hope you're feeling better now - see your comment about gastric reflux - had a bout of that once or twice and it's a horrible experience so really sympathise with you. Hope bubs is continuing to thrive. Take care ZZ xx

    ReplyDelete