Monday, June 05, 2006

Am feeling good...



Yesterday was a good day, reflective as I meandered down memory lane....it was good for me. I remembered things that I thought I had forgotten, just by looking at a few photo's and momento's of Dad's. Dad meant the world to me, I was close to him, espesially the last 10 years of his life. I sat throu all his chemo sessions and it was during those we did get real close...what else can ya do there but talk, those chats were the bestest. He actually took a packet of cigarettes out of my handbag during one session and made me promise him to never to smoke again, and I haven't since that day either!! Dad only had one arm, lost his other in an accident when I was a year old, but that never stopped him from doing anything he wanted to do...and it was remembering some of the challenges he faced there made me realise this weight challenge I am on is nothing to some of his.
He loved the fact that I drove speedway, he was my biggest fan. Everytime I crossed the finishing line to get the chequered flag I could hear yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, go girl!! That was Dad, he parked his ute up near the finishing line and sat rugged up on the back of that so I could see him as I went flying past. Up until I finished racing my signature finish was a salute to the chequered flag for Dad. Dad, I again salute you, mwahhhhhhhhh, I love you.

Yesterday was the v8's raceday at Winton, Victoria.....geeee I love the roar of those cars!!
Anyways my hero driving my favourite car Ford won the day.....yea was a good day.
The pics enclosed were taken at Sandown, Victoria last year with my daughter when I visited her. Kylee is like her mum, loves cars......vrooom vroom vrooom

1 comment:

  1. Those are lovely memories to be thinking about, it's so good to remember people we love by all those good things!
    ***HUGS***
    Rae :)

    ReplyDelete