Sunday, June 25, 2006

Menopause

After a bad night last night, little sleep, hot flushes and attack of itchy skin I awoke this morning and went for a walk yawning my head off!! Not feeling the best today but other than a small choccy and too many cruskits have made good choices. Anyways was looking through some blogs today and found this on Suzy's blog....it sure made me laugh and realise I am NOT the only one going through these symptoms.

MENOPAUSE.....

My eyesight is fading
my skin is dry and thin
My hair is not as shiny
I have wrinkles on my chin

My moods are always swinging
I can jump, scream and shout
over the smallest little problem
And then wonder what the fuss was all about

I sometimes have hot flushes
And spend the night awake
Or I feel cold and freezing
And I begin to shiver and shake

No I do not have a illness
And I'm not about to die
I'm just a menopausal woman
There's no need to weep or cry

I have just turned 50
And I will have survived another stage of life
I can say this with pride

I"m a happy and getting to healthy person
And I will try not to stress about a thing
I will look forward to the next stage
And whatever life will bring.

Thanks for that Suzy, I have adapted it a little as I have turned 50....but I thought it was just great....espesially as it is me all over lately.

4 comments:

  1. Oh jen my heart goes oout to you darl...I am here for you anytime....remember you are only as old as you feel...and I love your poem and remember too that at least you went out and walked..good going Jen I am proud of you..
    ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))
    Berrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Berrie, menopause is right regular pain, worse than ttom...

    I loved the alk this morning, yawned my head off, but was very good for me.

    I luv ya Berrie, and glad of your help, support and friendship, and ya know it all goes back to you too.

    Jen xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Jen you know I care...keep being your beautiful self your heart shines through....
    Berrie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it how you still find the humour in things!
    GO JEN GO!!
    nothing, especially silly hormones, will stop you! Well done on goig for that walk yesterday morning, i'm so impressed!
    **HUGS**
    Rae :)

    ReplyDelete