Saturday, June 03, 2006

As we grow

As we grow up, we learn that even the one person that wasn't supposed to ever let you down probaly will. You will have your heart broken more than once and it's harder everytime. You'll break hearts too, so remember how it felt when yours was broken. You'll fight with your best friend. You'll blame a new love for things an old one did. You'll cry because time is passing too fast, and eventually lose someone you love. So take too many pictures, laugh too much, and love like you've never been hurt because every sixty seconds you spend upset is a minute of happiness you'll never get back. Don't be afraid that your life will end, be afraid that it will never begin.....

A good friend of mine, the lovely Berrie, sent this to me today and how true it is. I have been struggling this week with being not too well, feeling down and with a brother in law sick, a upset sister, this little verse has really helped me and made me stop and think. Espesially as a few days ago I was emotional with the 10 year anniversary of our Rosemary passing and tomorrow it will 5 years since my Dad passed on. The verse come just at the right time as I have been able to smile and think of all the happiness and wonderful memories I can treasure.

And while I am here I have had just the greatest news..my #2 son Simon is coming home!! He leaves the Barossa Valley late next week and should be here the middle of the following week. With him will be his lovely lady Tracey and my precious little grandies Jessica, Zoe and Sheymus. So excited as that means their precious new addition, due in August, will be born here, near me....woooohoooooo!!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Jen I am glad that it has helped you my friend..sorry to hear it is an anniversary of your dads passing also what an emotional roller coaster have you been on these last 2 weeks...
    ((((((((HUGS))))))) to you my friend...
    as for your good news wow how wonderful just the kind of news you needed there is always a pot of gold at the end of every rainbow sometimes we just have to look....
    Take wondeful care Jen and know you are in my thoughts...
    Berrie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jen ***HUGS***, thisis a very emotional time, for you, i am so glad you have the corage to get through and still see the positives, and that verse is amazing, it definately put things in persective!
    And it's so exciting that you newest grandie is going to be born near you! WOW!! that exactly what you need, a fresh new little person to bring sunshine to the world!
    love and hugs,
    Rae :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great site, how do you build such a cool site, its excellent.
    »

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Anonymous...just built it by accounting my everyday life and emotions as I step by step change my lifestyle. If you want to make a blog, its easy, if I can, anyone can....good luck,
    Jen

    ReplyDelete